Dec 2, 2011

Wanting meaning

I had to turn the radio off tonight to stop the Christmas music. One more tune and I was going to start throwing things. Christmas is such an insincere time of the year, all that "kindness, hope, goodwill to all" so rarely translates into action. Yeah, then tell me what did you do to make the world a better place in the name of Christmas?




I want magic!






I'll be happier when December is over...


In the meantime, I did receive a most amazing gift today. (Rose, thank you!) In an envelope from Rose there was an envelope from Hungary and in the envelope was a Krampus postcard! WOW! I'm just thrilled! (If you want to read about Krampus, try http://www.krampus.com/.)

This is a scan of the postcard.
So, perhaps I'll skip the Christmas mumbo-jumbo, focus on a Krampus and Solstice celebration (far more sincere) and take great, honest pleasure in real friendships.

3 comments:

  1. My Kindred spirit.... I feel the same way. I hate Christmas and just want this month to be over. It's all so fake. Sending you some big Krampus hugs. Love the postcard! so very cool.
    Hugs,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Melanie,
    I think you should make a Krampus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! You know I think I might just do that!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete