Dec 29, 2011

Where did 2011 go?!

So, there are only 2 days left in 2011... While I don't normally make New Year's resolutions, I feel this year I have a need to do so! This moment of clarity came as I was clearing off the desk in my studio and I rediscovered the skull necklace that needs to be rebalanced that's been lying there since October... NOT October 2011 but October 2010!!! WOW! How embarrassing! The whole year seems to have disappeared in a foggy blur and I can't blame any big events or challenges that turned me into a Busy-Back-Soon (to borrow a phrase from Winnie-the-Pooh philosophy that needs no explaining). Artistically, I have done next to nothing, only recovering a little around Hallowe'en with my ratty cut-outs and food, while my paper mache pumpkin is (Guess! Come on, guess!) still not finished. What is wrong with me?! (Okay folks, focusing on THIS particular problem. ;} )

So, resolutions:

1.) Do something creative/artistic every week. On purpose. Plan it. Schedule it. Do something to make it happen or it won't. It doesn't have to be sewing/soft sculpture, it can be pop-up cards or paper mache or photography or anything that makes something and uses my imagination and problem solving.

2.) Bellydance twice a week. It only takes 30 minutes/session, do it! Feels good in many ways (the stretching feels pretty amazing), good for me, uses those co-ordination body movement brain cells that are stuck in a "Huh?" rut.

3.) Do new things with Willow. Her brain cells are also falling asleep and the dis-connectedness I feel will be greatly reduced if we do stuff together. Again, 15 minutes means a lot. Do it.

4.) Take time to sit and relax with Mom. I don't have to list all the reasons why this is important.
SO, my goals are not lofty. I think it's all a matter of S-T-O-P-P-I-N-G and asking, "Okay, what's important here? What will make this day a good one?"

By the way, we did get a sugar dusting of snow for Christmas Eve and Monday we got a decent amount! Yeah! It was wet and sticky and made everything look beautiful!

1 comment: